Eco-Friendly Glass Cleaning Solutions
Whether you are planning to order professional window cleaning NYC or take care of indoor glass surfaces, you must be wondering where to get the best cleaning spray. When you visit your nearest supermarket, you dive into the sea of numerous cleaning solutions. They vary in price, have different scents, and promise to make your glass truly shiny. But did you ever think about how these solutions affect the environment and your health? Off-the-shelf cleaning sprays contain a variety of chemicals, which can trigger allergies and asthma attacks, cause skin irritations, and even cancer. Every time you press the button, you spray numerous toxins around.
Some of the most popular chemicals found in glass cleaners are:
- 2-Butoxyethanol –the key ingredient in the majority of window cleaning solutions. The toxin has a sweet smell. It could cause liver and kidney damage.
- Ammonia– another common ingredient in the glass cleaning solutions. It’s a powerful irritant, which can lead to asthma attacks and other respiratory problems. If mixed with bleach, ammonia turns poisonous.
- Phthalates– can lead to a reduced sperm count and endocrine gland problems.
- PERC(perchloroethylene) – can cause cancer, dizziness, coordination loss, and the like. It’s a neurotoxin, which can damage your health when used on a regular basis.
- Triclosan– antibacterial agent, which can help your household bacteria develop resistance. It’s also a possible carcinogen.
- QUATS(Quaternary Ammonium Compounds) – same danger as triclosan. The product can cause dermatitis and others skin problems.
If you take a closer look at your glass cleaning spray, you are bound to find several of the above toxins on the label.
If you want to save your health, the environment, and some money, you can turn to eco-friendly glass cleaning alternatives. Mixing several safe ingredients can help you come up with an excellent cleaner at a fraction of the off-the-shelf product’s price.
All you need is water, white vinegar, and isopropyl alcohol. Mix one cup of each ingredient in the spray bottle and start cleaning.
- In order to make the solution smell a little nicer, you can add about 15 drops of any essential oil into the mix.
- If you can’t find isopropyl alcohol, you can replace it with vodka.
These days, many stores sell ready-to-use home cleaning solutions. They charge formidable amounts for something you can make at home in under a minute. Take advantage of eco-friendly glass cleaning products when doing your mirror and window cleaning NYC. Your health and wallet will say “thank you”.